Such a funny little hero....

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez, ya’ll

Crockpot 102

Okay, I'm obviously on a crockpot kick. Wanted to share with you guys an easy, yummy and CHEAP meal I made last week.




I was perusing the soup aisle at Wal-mart, when I came across this:



It's a Slow Cooker Meal Starter for Cajun Red Beans. Mmmm When I was looking at the directions on the back, I realized it would be a really easy way to make Jambalaya. I bought a can of diced tomatoes, some boil-in-bag rice, and smoked sausage.

So, I rinsed the beans and then poured them into the crockpot. I added the diced tomatoes, 4 cups of water and then closed the lid. Set it on "Low" and left it alone for about 6 hours. About 20 minutes before dinner, I boiled the rice and then sliced up the smoked sausage. Added the sausage and turned the crockpot on "High". When the rice was cooked, I added it. Voila! Jambalaya!!

posted by Kimberly @ 1:08 AM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home