Such a funny little hero....

Friday, April 20, 2007

Corny Beef Rehash

Okay, I've previously posted this blog, but I'm including a link to a video clip that will PERFECTLY illustrate just why I hate this man.

Damn you, David Caruso!

Every Monday night, I continue to engage in a most torturous activity... I grab a drink and a snack from the fridge, curl up on the couch in my den, and watch... CSI: Miami. You see... I despise David Caruso. You know.. David Caruso.. redhaired arrogant jackass that after one season on NYPD Blue, thought he was hot shit, and quit the show to be a movie star. Hmmmm... how did that work out for ya, David? For some reason classics such as "Kiss of Death", "Jade", and "Body Count" just don't appear in my DVD collection. (Please don't think that I actually KNEW the names of those movies.. I had to IMDB him.)

Apparently a Summa Cum Laude graduate of the William Shatner School of Acting, Caruso delivers the most overly dramatic lines I've ever had the misfortune to hear. The worst is at the end of the opening scene, right before the music... Here's a typical exchange:

Medical Examiner: "He almost decapitated her. He doesn't know his own power."
Caruso: "Well (dramatic pause) he's about...(dramatic pause) to know OURS."

From her bedroom, next to the den, my sister can hear me screaming at the TV. "Aaaaaarrrrghhhhhh! I fucking HATE him!!!" As usual, she laughs and asks me... why do you watch that stupid show? As usual, I have no answer.

Actually I'm reminded of a scene from the movie "Heathers". (Winona Ryder, Christian Slater. 80's movie)

Veronica's dad (smoking a cigarette): "Would somebody please tell me why I smoke these damn things?"
Veronica: "Cause you're an idiot"
Veronica's dad: "Oh yeah, that's it!'

Need I say more?

Check out this video. Here's your challenge... see if you can make it all the way through it without rolling your eyes and/or screaming at the screen.

http://www.break.com/index/david_caruso_one_liners.html


posted by Kimberly @ 1:04 AM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home